Irene and Nerio Lelli first opened the Woodward location in 1939, where the original Filet Mignon with "Zip" Sauce became famous. Not to mention, all the other Homemade Italian Dishes & Recipes which were perfected within their lifetimes.
In 1996, we opened a second location in Auburn Hills on Opdyke. The restaurant is currently owned and operated by the second and third generations of the Lelli Family. Although an unfortunate fire claimed the Downtown location in February of 2000, the Lelli's commitment to serving Metro Detroit, as one of the finest Italian Restaurants, is stronger than Ever!